GJ Cahill's Beginnings are Grounded in Institutional Work
GJ Cahill & Company Limited, founded by Gerard Joseph Cahill in 1953, began as a small electrical company specializing in residential electrical work. With hard work and determination, Gerard Cahill brought a change to his business focusing on the institutional electrical industry within the St. John's area. By the mid-late 1960's GJ Cahill was considered an accomplished electrical firm. With a competitive bid, Cahill was named as the sole electrical contractor for the installation of all electrical systems to the St. Bride's College. The College, owned and operated by The Sisters of Mercy, was one of the largest institutional projects of the 1960's and is considered one of the most impressive structures and distinct properties in St. John's since 1966.
GJ Cahill & Company Limited have come full circle with the purchase of the property, moving its Corporate Office to the re-developed St. Bride's College, now re-named as The Tower Corporate Campus at Waterford Valley.